Westminster’s Salted Caramel Cashew Oyster Crackers
Posted by Sally Pancheri
Comments Off on Westminster’s Salted Caramel Cashew Oyster Crackers
Take your favorite crackers and make your soon-to-be favorite dessert! Salted caramel and cashews combine with the crunch of the crackers for a unique and tasty sweet treat.
- 4 cups Westminster Oyster Crackers
- 1 cup raw cashews (halves or pieces)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray or oil a large baking sheet or roasting pan. Pour in crackers and cashews.
- In a heavy sauce pot over medium heat, combine butter, sugar, syrup and salt. Stir constantly while bringing it to a boil. When a rapid boil happens, allow it to boil without stirring for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in baking soda and vanilla. Carefully pour over the crackers and cashews and mix well. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once after 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before serving. Stove in an airtight container for up to 4 days!