This recipe is a quick and gluten-free treat to make your breakfast a bit spookier for Halloween!
Make your favorite green smoothie. We used this Perfect Green Smoothie recipe from 100 Days of Real Foods. Or buy a pre-made smoothie and make it even easier.
Ingredients for smoothie:
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cups water
- 1/2 cup mango
- 1/2 cup pineapple
- 1 bananas, Use at least one frozen fruit to chill your smoothie. We often use frozen mangos and bananas our green smoothies.
Ingredients for smoothie bowl:
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1 bag of Lucy’s Ginger Snap Cookies
This recipe also works if you buy a pre-made smoothie. Just skip to step 4 and add 1 ½ cup of the smoothie to the yogurt and mix!
- Tightly pack 2 cups of leafy greens in a measuring cup and then toss into blender.
- Add water and blend together until all leafy chunks are gone.
- Add mango, pineapple and bananas and blend again until smooth.
- Reserve ¼ cup of smoothie.
- Add yogurt and pulse to mix.
- Pour into 2 bowls.
- Crumble or smash 4 Ginger Snaps. This is a great step to involve the kids. Put the cookies into a gallon zipper bag. Close it and let the kids smash with their hands, spoon or meat tenderizer.
- Sprinkle ½ the cookie crumbles over the top of each smoothie bowl in a crescent moon shape.
- Pour reserved smoothie (pre-yogurt) in a bull’s eye over the non-cookie part of the bowl. Drag a toothpick from the center out to the edge of the bowl, making your way around the circle. Food 52 has a great tutorial on this technique.
- Serve and enjoy!
Check out our other gluten-free recipes: Lucy’s Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookie Spiders, Lucy’s Gluten-Free Brownie Crisp Dirt Cups