Westminster Snack Crackers are great on their own, but you can really kick things up a notch with this sweet and spicy snack recipe.
It’s definitely not for the faint of heart, but you can control the amount of spice by reducing the amount of Chipotle and Cayenne Pepper.
- 5 cups Westminster Oyster Crackers
- 1 cup raw cashew pieces/halves
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. chipotle powder
- 3 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. five spice powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray a large roasting pan with non-stick spray.
- Beat egg whites until foamy. Combine sugar, chipotle, cayenne, cumin, five spice, salt, chili and rosemary with egg whites. Add to crackers and stir until they are covered.
- Spread out in roasting pan and bake for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container.